As I’ve mentioned before, sometimes I get stuck in a rut of the same hairstyles over and over. So for this Top 5 Friday I’ve decided to pick out 5 hairstyles I’m going try this fall. If I’m successful at any of these, I’ll consider doing some tutorials because as hard as I’ve looked, many of these trickier ones don’t have great instructions. Feel free to join me and let me know how it goes!
To see sources, click on the pictures:)
- The Triple Braided Bun – I’m quite excited about this idea as I think it will lend itself well to creating the illusion of volume. The flower crown might be a bit much for every day wear, but certainly adds a certain whimsical feel to it.
- The Twisted Sister – I rather like the sultry look of this one– and it looks easy enough to do. Will it be? We’ll soon find out! A nice, different off-the-neck style, though. And I need more of those with my long mane!
- The Fishtail Bun – I’ve always been a big fan of both fishtails and buns, so it only seems natural that mixing them together would create something great. My only question is– why have I not done this before??
- The Simple Braided Bun with a Twist – Smaller braids feeding into the regular braid bun make this old standby a cute classic. I’ve never been one for braid buns, but this might just change things. Besides, it look so easy and fast it might turn into a new 5-minute late-for-class fallback. Hooray!
- The French Braid Bun – First off, this one does not look easy. In fact, I’ve already tried my hand at it once or twice, and while I’ve managed to get closer each time, well.. it’s far from perfect. This one’ll take a little practice. But, I shan’t give up because jUST LOOK AT IT. Amazing. Do want.
If you want some tips and tricks on how to make these hairstyles successful, click right here! I made a whole blogpost about it just for you:)
Also, feel free to check out my hair board on Pinterest if you want to keep up with all the hairstyles I’m keen on trying (5 really isn’t enough to do justice, but it’s a start). I don’t update as often as I should, but upon request I’m trying. Which of course means lots of pictures and tutorials on hair, as well as lots and lots of pictures of cats. And pastel things. And things that make me laugh. Oops.
Until next Friday,